Sunday, July 24, 2011

May Fest in Steinalben







I'm going to try to catch up on all our travels, so my blogs might get kind of short for awhile..


The Germans love to have Fest so why not have one on May 1st.... Ruth told us about a fest that was on the outskirts of our village in a nice little park area.. There was lots of food, music and of coarse beer.... The weather was nice that day, a lot of people walked there. I guess Mason and I were lazy, we drove..... Mason and I went by ourselves, I can't remember why we didn't go with Ruth, Steve, Rebecca and Sarah. I think everyone had other plans that day so we were all going in different directions...



We ordered our lunch which was Hazen mit Krautsalat. I think it was pork... but it was really good what ever it was... and I'm always impressed with the ladies and their fancy cakes they bake. There are amazing..... After getting our food we went and sat down at one of the picnic tables with everyone else... It was kind of different though, no one talked to us... it was like we didn't shower that morning or something... Mason knows enough German to be able to communicate with them but I guess no one was interested in us... so we didn't stay to long...






































































I always try to learn somethng about the German culture where ever we go and bring something out of the experience...




love to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment