Saturday, June 12, 2010

After two and a half months of getting ready for this adventure, Mason and I are wiped out...

We worked our butts off until the very last minute on our house before Troy took us to the hotel the night before our flight. We arrived at the hotel around 10:30 pm. We thought it would be better to spend the night at a hotel and shuttle to the air port instead of tring to get a ride that early in the morning... Our plane left Tucson at 7:00 am... June 8th 2010. We had a lot of luggage to move around and I'm sure people were looking at us saying "WOW, glad that's not me!"

Our flight out of Tucson went well. The flight out of Phoenix also went well. We didn't have much of a lay over in the airport so that was nice...

The flight to Baltimore was uneventfull. We left Phoenix at 8:50 am and arrived in Baltimore at 4:20pm their time... their 3 hours ahead of Tucson. We called our hotel and they sent a shuttle to pick us up... We checked into the Hilton, put our things in our room and went down stairs for dinner and a drink... Let me tell ya we needed the drink... I had a salmon dinner that was most delicious... Mason had a tuna dinner that he said was good as well...

After dinner we went for a short walk, that's when I started not to feel so well... My stomach was out of sorts.. We went back to the hotel and I fell a sleep right away... it was still early but I was exhausted... When we woke up I still didn't feel well, we got ready and went down stair to have breakfast.. I was carefull what I ate...

We left the hotel around 10:30 am June 9th 2010 and arrived at the airport 15 minutes later...Got all our luggage loaded up on one of those smart carts and went to find where we check in...thats when it all started ... our flight was to leave at 7:05pm June 9th,2010. We found out that the flight had been changed to 2:00am on June 10, 2010. We had a 15 hour wait in the airport... The man at the counter said we could go to the USO which is for military and contractor people so we went there... Checked in and found it to be a nice place to hang out.. every thing there is free.. snack food, water, soda, there's T.V., phone's you can use and make calls to anywhere in the world... free... sleeping room, computer room, a place to keep your luggage, kids play room and nice service. Every thing was great until this man came over and told me I couldn't be in there.. that you had to have a military I.D. to be there.. I was on Mason's orders and had my passport and drivers license put that wasn't good enough.. He even said I wouldn't be able to fly out without a military I.D. card. Mason could stay there but I had to leave.. I was talking to Mom when all this was taken place.. So we left and went back to the check in counter for the flight.. told the man what happened and he said that is the USO rules and that I would be able to get on the plane. So I got kicked out of the USO......

Because it's my first time flying out of the country on military orders, the military doesn't isue me a military I.D. card until I arrive in Germany... So there wasn't any way I could of gotten the card early... WOW.... and remember through all this I'm not feeling well... Beside this being the shits... I've got the trott's... Timing sucks!!!

We spent the next 15 hours not doing much of anything.. if I was feeling better we could of and would of taken a bus into down town Baltimore.. I've never been there before and that would of been a nice treat to past the time...

We started lining up to check in around 5:00pm, Mason and I were the first in line.. Check in wasn't until 7:40pm but to get seats you want, people come early... you have to stay with your luggage so that meant 2 and a half hours standing in that line. Most every one was militay men and women, a few military families with several kids and 3 or 4 pets... Check in went pretty smooth, Mason and I got seats we liked so we were happy... The plane has two seats on one side, 5 seats in the middle and two seats on the other side... Mason and I had two seats on the side.. I sat by the window and Mason had the isle. We were glad to be sitting by ourselfs...

By 2:00am every one is tired. We finally got to board the plane... Mason and I felt lucky that there was no little kids around us and we were looking forward to getting some sleep... Yeah Right... There was food served on the flight and moves to watch.. along with one small child that screamed for hours... all the other kids were quite... Mason and I were several rows in front of the child but this child was screaming... everyone on the plane had to listen to it...So much for any sleep.... Luckily my stomach didn't bother me on the flight...

We arrived in Germany safe and sound.. got through customs with no problems. Their was two militay people waiting for us out front with a sign that read... MASON SOLOSABAL... just lke on the movies.... they took us around just a little bit.. but I was tired and wanted to go to the hotel.. and my stomah was starting to act up again...

We checked into the hotel and then left to find a place to walk to for a small bite to eat.. I didn't eat much. I ordered a small farmers salad.. it was'nt at all what I was expecting.. and I didn't like it...

So back to the hotel and to bed I went.. Not long after a storm came through.. it was like a Monsoon with hale the size of small marbles... the streets were like rivers and you couldn't see much out the windows of the hotel.. It was amazing.... people who live here said they had never seen anything like it...

I'll tell you more next time... its break time....

No comments:

Post a Comment