Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Love London


Oh, my goodness what a fabulous trip ...

From the beginning..
Steve, Rebecca and Sarah picked us up around 8:00 Saturday morning, February 12th. We drove to Frankfurt-Hahn airport, flew to London , went through customs, hopped on a train, took the tube to our hotel, checked into our rooms and hopped on the tubes back to down town London. All in all, it took us about 8 hours to get to our hotel.

I had never been on the tubes before (subway) so that was the first of many adventures. The tubes are amazing. What and underground maze of transportation. Hop on hop off, run to this one, up and down a million stairs, people watch, get close and personal with people you don't even know. And I mean personal.. This young guy that was sitting across from me had his zipper un-zipped, well , I told him very nicely about the situation and you should of seen all the shades of red he turned.. Oh, and all the people you pass by that are playing their musical instruments for change... I enjoyed all the cute shoes and scarfs that the women had one...seemed like everyone was much more dressed up then where I come from.. and learning about "Mind the Gap". That's the space between the platform and the train.. you all probably knew this, but not me.....!

Liverpool Street Station (where we got on the train)




When you're down in the tubes and stop and think about what's above you (London and all its splendor) it's quite amazing.

Chiswick is the name of the hotel we stayed in. The rooms are quite nice. They have a nice bar and restaurant, the staff was very polite and helpfull and there is room service if you so desire. The hotel is about half and hour from down town London, and only about two blocks from the Gunnersbury tube station. That was when I had my first experience with traffic driving the opposite direction. WOW.. that's something to get use to. There are words painted with arrows on the street corners that say look right or look left because all us Americans look the wrong way and then step out in front of traffic... I never did get use to that one.... and not only do they drive the opposite direction but their steering wheels are on the wrong side of the car...

It will take me a few posts, to tell you everything I want to tell you, about what I saw in London. But now it's my bedtime... So nighty night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment