Sunday, April 10, 2011

Valentines Day... (a little late but not forgotten)

I know, I know. Valentines Day was forever ago. But I have to share how Mason and I share Valentines Day.. Last year we started a new tradition for each other.. I bake two heart shaped cakes and frost them, and Mason and I decorate them together. He decorate's one to give to me, and I decorate one to give to him... We do this together and it's not bad. It's an inexpensive way, it's spending time together and they taste good. It lets you use your imagination and be as creative as you want. These are our Valentines to each other for this year..

Mason is much more creative then I. I'm more traditional. So, can you guess which one Mason did? It only takes a couple hours, we laugh and just enjoy the moment.


I told him next year when we do this, we are going to bring out a bottle of wine, turn on the music and light the candles. Should be even more fun... Enough about Valentines Day..


Next weekend we are going to Holland with Steve, Rebecca and Sarah. In Keukenhof we will find tulip's, tulip's and more tulip's. The fields are one of the worlds most photographed place's. I can't wait!!! We will see lots of other spring flowers besides tulip's.


It's about a 5 hour drive from here, so not bad.. We are going to leave on this friday, spend two nights there and come home on Sunday. Amsterdam is only and hour from there, so we plan on visiting there as well.. I want to see the Famous Red Light District. Should be interesting! The Ann Frank House is there as well. Don't know if we will go there or not. I hope to tour the city on bikes and also take a canal ride. From what I've read about Amsterdam, it's very flat and most people get around on bikes. You know I'll tell you all about it when we get back.


This weekend Mason and I haven't really done much.. We ran some errands yesterday and today we have just hung out at the house.


Steve, Rebecca and Sarah just got back from an 8 day cruise to Greece so we are going over there tonight to hear all about their adventure. I'm sure they had a wonderful time. We helped out by taking care of Steve's cat and Sarah's hamster while they were gone.


Sweet dreams...... xxxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment